The 2021 date is set for Sunday 9th May.
2020 was very different for everyone, including the annual Poppy Appeal. Many of the usual activities could not take place, including house-to-house collecting, so new activities took place instead.
Chilton Poppy Appeal Organiser Hazel Benton ran a stall at four locations in Chilton during the appeal. Thank you to all who visited and made a donation.
The totals raised are:
- Harwell Village and Campus shops and businesses raised a total of £1,228.77.
- Table collections in Chilton plus the boxes and collecting tins in the Curie Avenue shops and businesses raised a total of £1,494.71
Thanks to everyone for their generosity and a special thanks to everyone who braved the rain to come to the table collections.
Many thanks, Hazel Benton, Chilton Village Poppy Appeal Organiser
The usual Remembrance Sunday Parades and services at the High Street War Memorial and in Harwell Church did not take place so no collection was made.
Donations for Remembrance Sunday Wreaths
Thank you to the local organisations who have so far donated a total of £189.72 for the wreaths laid at the War Memorials in Chilton and Harwell over Remembrance.
Other Donations totaling £69.96 have been collected.
Total October 2020 to date: £2,983.16
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and the recommendations on social distancing, we regret to announce that the Poppy Walk 2020, due to be held at Ardington and Lockinge Sports Club was cancelled.
This is a sponsored walk run by the Berkshire and Vale County of the Legion annually in May. Anyone can take part.
The totals collected for the 2019 house to house and business collection are:
- Harwell Village and Harwell Campus: £2507.77 to date (including £322.89 collected at the Harwell War Memorial Service).
- Chilton Village, Chilton Field and the Curie Avenue shops and businesses: £1,664.15.
The total for the local house to house and business collection in 2019 is £4,171.92.
Thank you to everyone for their generosity and a special thanks to all of the house to house collectors.
Remembrance Sunday 2019
Thank you to everyone who picked up a Poppy or donated at the Harwell War Memorial Service or after the Church service. A total of £322.89 was collected, this is included in the Harwell November Collection total.
Thank you to the local organisations who donated a total of £277 for the wreaths provided for the Harwell and Chilton Services.
October 2019 – September 2020 Collection
- Harwell Village and Campus November 2019 (Including £322.89 from Remembrance Sunday): £2,507.77
- Chilton Village and the Curie Avenue Shops November 2019: £1,664.15
- Remembrance Sunday Wreaths £277
- Other donations: £105.
Total collected: £ 4,553.92
Poppy Appeal merchandise is no longer available via the Branch but the Poppy Shop website has a large selection of Poppy Appeal products.